Elementary TeachersCome join our team! MBS is seeking professional, joyful candidates to fill primary grade positions (3-5). Applicants must hold a degree from an accredited university and a valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate or be eligible for one. MBS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The ability to carry out the mission of MBS - to serve our Church, its families, and the community by nurturing Gospel values, academic excellence, and a lifetime of prayer and service - as well as promote the teachings of Catholicism (Applicants need not be Catholic to apply.)
- Planning and implementing an instructional program aligned to grade level standards
- Knowledge and use of technology and programs to support and differentiate instruction
- Management of student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures in accordance with the policies of the school and the tenants of a responsive classroom
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students' academic progress and development
- Participation in faculty, department, school, and parent meetings, as well as student functions
- Participation in student life activities such as, but not limited to, athletics, Beta, cheer, dance, robotics, choir retreats, religious clubs, etc.
- Regular and timely communication with students, colleagues, and families regarding student progress and needs in accordance with school policy, as well as the willingness to support exceptional students through our ACCESS program
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all others
- An application for employment
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of teacher certification (Graduate candidates, please provide anticipated date of graduation and anticipated date of certification.)
- Three professional references to be contacted (References should include previous work supervisors and college professors.)